Make a note in your diary of the sporting activities taking place in Andorra this summer. After a year in which most of the open-air events were cancelled, they are now back with all the safety guarantees.
Here are the most important ones so that you don’t forget any of them.
Cycling competitions are back
With 21 mountain passes, the Principality is the perfect setting for lovers of two wheels and top-level sporting activities are already planned.
– The Tour de France: Andorra will be the last part of a stage on 11 July. It will enter via Pas de la Casa and descend via Port d’Envalira. When they arrive at Bordes d’Envalira you will be able to see the riders pass in front of the door of the appartments. Then they will head for the other valley, passing first through Soldeu, Canillo and Encamp. They will go up the Beixalís pass and back down through Anyós until they reach the finish line in Andorra la Vella. After a rest day, they will resume the competition from Pas de la Casa towards France.
– Andorra 21 ports: if you are a fan of road cycling, you will have the opportunity to take part in this new competition, from 22 to 26 June. It is divided into 3 stages and is a good way to get to know the landscapes of Andorra.
– The Multissegur Volta als Ports: this is one of the most eagerly awaited sporting activities for cycling enthusiasts and has been held for more than 40 years. This year it has different routes starting from La Massana and finishing in Andorra la Vella.
– The Andorra MTB Classic-Pyrenees: this is a mountain bike competition in pairs which will be divided into 4 stages and will take place from 30/06 to 03/07.
– La Mussara Andorra: this is also a MTB race that will take place in Naturlandia on 1 August.
More sports activities in Andorra
The environment, the mountains and nature are the ideal setting for all kinds of outdoor events.
– Spartan Race: the obstacle race returns to Andorra on 12 and 13 June. It has 4 courses of 5, 10, 21 and 50 kilometres and different levels of difficulty. There will also be a circuit for children.
– Trail 100 Andorra-Pyrenees: this is the perfect mountain race for trail running lovers. There are 4 different distances starting and finishing in Ordino. There is also an easy 7.5 km course so that everyone can take part. From 24th to 27th June.
– Iron Man 70.3: this summer a prestigious triathlon is added to the calendar of sporting activities in Andorra. The swimming race will take place in the Engolasters lake, the road bike race will cover 90.1 km from the lake to Andorra la Vella where the 21.1 km foot race will take place. It is scheduled for Sunday 4 July.
– The Comapedrosa Skyrace: this is one of the most emblematic races that runs through incredible landscapes until it reaches the top of the country at 2,942 metres. This year it will be held on 25 July.
Don’t let the culture stop!
Combine sporting activities in Andorra with concerts, festivals, exhibitions and everything in the open air, surrounded by nature.
– Very close to the Els Llacs apartaments, in Soldeu, you will be able to enjoy the best music in the Andorra Mountain Music. A festival that offers open-air concerts every Saturday from 26 June to 31 July. Discover it here!
– Don’t miss the L’Andart biennial. On the lake of Engolasters and the surrounding area, in the heart of nature, there is an exhibition of works of art during the months of July and August.
– In June you will also enjoy the Jambo Street Music in the streets of the capital.
This summer you will once again be thrilled by the great sporting and cultural events that await you in Andorra. Book your accommodation at Els Llacs Mountain Apartments and you’ll have the perfect getaway.